Geography Questions of APSC Prelims | Part 3 ( Top 30 Questions and answer )
We also include 10 Current Affairs Questions.
1. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation was established in which year?
Correct Answer : [B] 1956
2. What is the rank of Nuclear Power in terms of the source of electricity in India?
Correct Answer : [C] 5th
3. Which among the following states of India ranks first in terms of the total production of biogas?
[A] Uttar Pradesh
Correct Answer : [B] Maharashtra
4. Which of the following is not a food crop?
Correct Answer : [C] Tea
5. Which one of the following is a major cash crop of Uttarakhand?
Correct Answer : [C] Vegetables
6. Which of the following is the first State of India which depends on organic farming?
[B] Madhya Pradesh
[D] Arunachal Pradesh
Correct Answer : [A] Sikkim
7. The Fertilizer Corporation of India was established in which year?
Correct answer : [C] 1961
8. As per Census 2011, which of the following is the female literacy rate in India?
Correct Answer [C] 65.46%
9. The largest satellite in the solar system is:
Correct Answer : [B] Ganymede
10. The first shore-based steel plant in India is:
[D] Vishakhapatnam Steel plant(VSP)
Correct Answer : [D] Vishakhapatnam Steel plant(VSP)
11. The inner plants include:
[A] Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars
[B] Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Mars
[C] Saturn, Mars, Jupiter and Neptune
[D] Mercury, Venus, Earth , and Jupiter
Correct Answer : [A] Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars
12. The indian Council of Forestry Research and Education(ICFRE) were created in:
Correct Answer : [B] 1987
13. The largest Indian mammal is:
Correct Answer : [D] Elephant
14. Which river is known as Sorrow of Bihar?
[A] Ganga River
[B] Kosi River
[C] Son River
[D] Gandak River
Correct Answer : [B] Kosi River
15. Tungbhadra Multipurpose Project is a joint undertaking of:
[A] Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
[B] Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
[C] Karnataka and Kerela
[D] Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka
Correct Answer : [D] Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka
16. The Study of moon is called:
Correct Answer : [A] Selenology
17. Port Blair is located on which of the following Islands?
[A] North Andaman
[B] South Andaman
[C] Middle Andaman
[D] None of the above
Correct Answer : [B] South Andaman
18. Who among the following was the first person to scale Mount Everest without supplemental oxygen?
[A] Terence Bannon
[B] Duncan Chessell
[C] Reinhold Messner
[D] Jean Troillet
Correct Answer : [C] Reinhold Messner
19. Which among the following is the chief crop of Deccan Plateau?
[B] ground nut
Correct Answer : [D] Cotton
20. At which among the following places, India’s First steel factory was established?
Correct Answer : [C] Burnpur
21. Which of the following river is called Lifeline of Chattisgarh?
Correct Answer : [B] Mahanadi
22. Which among the following plateaus in India lie between Aravali & Vindhya region?
[A] Chota Nagpur Plateau
[B] Malwa Plateau
[C] Deccan Plateau
[D] None of the above
Correct Answer : [B] Malwa Plateau
23. Which among the following rivers does not flow into Arabian Sea?
Correct Answer : [D] Godavari
24. Which among the following rock system in India is also known as storehouse of minerals?
[A] Archaean Rock system
[B] Dharwar system
[C] The Cudappah system
[D] The Vindhyan System
Correct Answer : [B] Dharwar system
25. Tuirial Hydro Electric Project is located in which state ?
[D] Arunachal Pradesh
Correct Answer : [B] Mizoram
26. Which of the following crops is most badly affected crop in India due to Monocropping culture?
Correct Answer : [B] Cotton
27. Ananthagiri Hills is located in which of the following states of India?
[A] Madhya Pradesh
[D] West Bengal
Correct Answer : [B] Telangana
28. The Gurudwara ‘Panja Sahib’ is located in which neighbouring country of India?
[D] Sri Lanka
Correct Answer : [B] Pakistan
29. Which part of the Himalayas lies between Satluj and Kali rivers?
[A] Assam Himalayas
[B] Nepal Himalayas
[C] Kumaon Himalayas
[D] Punjab Himalayas
Correct Answer : [C] Kumaon Himalayas
30. Kambala Sport is held in which state?
Correct Answer : [A] Karnataka
[Total =10 question and Answer]
1. Which type of eclipse is also known as the ‘Beaver moon’?
[A] Full Lunar Eclipse
[B] Partial Lunar Eclipse
[C] Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
[D] Solar Eclipse
Correct Answer: [C] Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
2. World Investor Week (WIW) is a global campaign observed in which month?
Correct Answer: [B] November
3. Which state has launched an outreach programme called ‘Duare Sarkar’?
[B] West Bengal
Correct Answer: [B] West Bengal
4. Which is the headquarters of the ‘Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons’ (OPCW)?
Correct Answer: [B] Netherlands
5. Which country has banned cotton imports from China citing ‘slave labour’?
[B] United States
[D] United Kingdom
Correct Answer: [B] United States
6. The Reserve Bank of India has directed which bank to stop its digital launches temporarily?
[A] ICICI Bank
[B] HDFC Bank
[C] Axis Bank
[D] Yes Bank
Correct Answer: [B] HDFC Bank
7. When is the ‘International Day of Banks’ celebrated by the UN for the first time in 2020?
[A] December 2
[B] December 4
[C] December 6
[D] December 8
Correct Answer: [B] December 4
Correct Answer: [B] DRDO
9. What is the full form of LTE Mobile Network?
[A] Long Term Evolution
[B] Low Technical Evolution
[C] Low Term Evolution
[D] Long Term Essential
Correct Answer: [A] Long Term Evolution
10. What is the name of Indian Space Research Organization?
Correct Answer : [B] ISRO